The DILG Rehiyon Dose, through the Project Development and Management Unit (PDMU), continues to hold a series of coordination meetings and project monitoring and on-site inspection of the implemented projects in the select provinces of the Region from August 22-24, 2022.
The Project Development and Management Unit (PDMU) inspection team, composed of regional and provincial technical engineers, together with the representatives from the Provincial and Municipal Engineering Office of the concerned P/MLGU, conducted simultaneous monitoring and inspection activities in the Provinces of Sultan Kudarat and Cotabato.
Meanwhile, for Sultan Kudarat DILG Provincial Technical Engineer Rylle Orejudos, LGU Esperanza Municipal Engineer Armando Tueres, MLGOO Roberto Petingco, and Project-in-Charge Engr. Jake Somera inspected the concreting of Junction National Highway - Barangay Saliao to Purok Masagana Farm-to-Market Road project of the Municipality of Esperanza, Sultan Kudarat, with the following details:
- P10 million allocations funded under the FY 2021 Local Government Support Fund-Financial Assistance to Local Government Units (LGSF-FALGU),
- The project commenced on June 17, 2022, and the target date of completion is on December 14, 2022,
- Total road length: 840 meters, and
- Target beneficiaries: 1419 households
After the inspection, the team discussed the findings and other concerns with the LGU officials and functionaries concerned. The Municipal Engineer/s and contractors also agreed and signified that they have to rectify the project in accordance with the findings.
On the other hand, the team for Cotabato Province composed of the Technical Engineers from DILG Dose (Regional and Provincial Offices), Cotabato Provincial Engineering Office, and a Representative from PPMC conducted a final inspection and documentation of the following projects;
- Construction of two (2) Barangay Hall/Multi-Purpose Buildings located in Barangays Upper Labas and Agriculture in the Municipality of Midsayap;
- The newly completed construction of Barangay Halls/Multi-Purpose Buildings, situated in the Barangays New Bangbang and Natutungan, in the Municipality of Matalam;
- The three (3) kilometers of the concrete road of the Buenavida-Road Section in Brgy. Buena Vida and 1.850 kilometers of road concreting located at Sitio Aleman, Brgy. Saguing, Municipality of Makilala; and
- Concreting of Farm-to-Market Road located at Purok 1 to Purok 2, Brgy. New Consolacion, in the Municipality of M’lang, with a road length of 0.992 kilometers.
The Project Documentation Team also interviewed the Punong Barangays and the residents of the barangays Upper Labas, Agriculture, New Bangbang, Natutungan, Buena Vida, and Saguing, capturing the impacts and changes in their communities made with the LGSF-FALGU projects
The team had an exit conference to present their findings on the inspected projects, discussed and agreed upon on other issues, and concerns.
Meanwhile, on August 23, 2022, another team of PDMU technical engineers assisted the Supervising Science Research Specialist (SRS) Jason Jude P. Villegas, Senior SRS Katherine M. Velasquez, and Supervising SRS of DOE-Mindanao Field office Armando S. Malapitan from the Department of Energy (DOE) discussed the issues and concerns related to the implementation of the Potable Water Supply project under FY2021 Local Government Support Fund - Support to the Barangay Development Program (LGSF - SBDP) located in Barangay Ned, Municipality of Lake Sebu. Mr. Danny Jayson Duron from the Provincial Planning and Development Office of the Province of South Cotabato also joined the DOE Representatives during the discussion.
Finally, on August 24, 2022, the Project Development and Management Unit (PDMU) conducted Regular Assessment and Coordination Meetings with the Recipient LGUs about the RAPID Growth Projects implementation at Viajera Dine and Café in the City of Koronadal, South Cotabato. PDMU Chief Engineer Hermina S. Ontoy led the regular assessment and meeting together with Rural Infrastructure Engineer Kris-Zle Q. Evardoni and Alternate Rural Infrastructure Engineer John Stephen R. Manghano in assessing/evaluating the submitted lacking technical documents and bidding documents of the following Local Government Units;
- Bagumbayan, Sultan Kudarat;
- Senator Ninoy Aquino (SNA), Sultan Kudarat and;
- Malapatan, Sarangani Province.
They also discussed the Omnibus Guidelines on the Selection, Procurement, Implementation, and Monitoring & Evaluation of the FMR Infrastructure Subproject of the RAPID Growth Projects.