A strongly determined and highly trusted Department committed to capacitate and nurture local government units, public order and safety institutions to sustain peaceful, progressive and resilient communities where people live happily.
The Department shall promote peace and order, ensure public safety, strengthen capability of local government units through active people participation and a professionalized corps of civil servants.
- Peaceful, safe, self-reliant and development-dominated communities;
- Improve performance of local governments in governance, administration, social and economic development and environmental management;
- Sustain peace and order condition and ensure public safety.
- Reduce crime incidents and improve crime solution efficiency
- Improve jail management and penology services
- Improve fire protection services
- Continue professionalization of PNP, BFP and BJMP personnel and services
- Enhance LGU capacities to improve their performance and enable them to effectively and efficiently deliver services to their constituents
- Continue to initiate policy reforms in support of local autonomy