You are here
Payapa at Masaganang Pamayanan (PAMANA)
PAyapa at MAsaganang PamayaNAn or PAMANA is the national government’s convergence program that extends development interventions to isolated, hard-to-reach and conflict-affected communities, ensuring that they are not left behind.
A complementary track to peace negotiations, the program is anchored on the Aquino administration’s strategy of winning the peace by forging strategic partnerships with national agencies in promoting convergent delivery of goods and services, and addressing regional development challenges in conflict-affected and vulnerable areas (CAAs/CVAs). The design and delivery of PAMANA is conflict-sensitive and peace-promoting (CSPP) to avoid the recurrence of any source of conflict.
Strategic pillars of PAMANA
PAMANA aims to extend development interventions to isolated, hard-to-reach, conflict-affected communities to ensure that they are not left behind. With a number of national line agencies as implementing partners, PAMANA remains as the government’s flagship program for conflict-vulnerable and –affected areas in the country—covering all existing peace tables and agreements.
- National government’s focused development program for isolated, hard-to-reach, conflict affected/conflict vulnerable communities.
- Infra Projects – roads, peace centers, multi-purpose buildings, etc.
- Building the foundation for peace. These are interventions at the macro-level that help establish the foundations of peace and the building of communities through policy reform and development.
- COMPONENT: Child-friendly, gender-responsive and culture-sensitive Katarungang Pambarangay Trainings Institutionalizing Healing Mechanisms for LGUs.
- LGU Coverage: Conflict-affected and vulnerable LGUs identified by OPPAP